Saturday, April 12, 2014

This Feels Like Yesterday

But it's been five years.



It was delightfully chilly that day; I wore my new Mackintosh over my Milwaukee Brewers hoodie, and I really needed the hood for warmth on my first full day in central NY. I had purchased a book on the shores of Lake Ontario the night before after I got into town; I thought the lake might make a reasonable substitute for Lake Michigan but after a few long walks I loved it for itself.

The start of a new adventure.



Today in central Indiana it's too hot to go outside. But that is somehow OK, because there are no lakes or adventures. I bought a new blue and green shower curtain; it is not enough but it's all there is.

1 comment:

  1. I've lived near Lake Erie most of my life. I don't know how I could bear to live away from it.

    ReplyDelete